Sunday, April 19, 2020

Yard Creatures

On March 28, 2020 I got up from a nice sleep and was ready to get out there.  

My dad asked if I wanted to join him on a walk and I gladly accepted the offer. At the farmer's field out back we spotted a group of sixteen or seventeen turkeys! The tom was showing off his feathers while the females slowly walked around. But when we came too close they all ran away.

Wild Turkey- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 8:00AM


We also saw the pair of Bluebirds going in the nesting boxes. We’ve been putting nesting boxes all over our property and they have been looking at each one.

Eastern Bluebird- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 8:00AM 

Eastern Bluebird- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 8:00AM 


Then we slowly started making our way back. When we got back I had breakfast then read some books and had some lunch.  Finally I grabbed my camera and my binoculars and went out. 

Once I got outside I saw a Robin taking a bath in a small puddle on our driveway. And again I saw the pair of Bluebirds checking out the nesting boxes, but this time they were looking at the boxes at the front of our property. Some other birds that were around were Song Sparrows, European Starlings, Red-winged Blackbirds, Grackles, Turkey Vultures, American Crows, American Tree Sparrows, Blue Jays, American Goldfinches, Dark Eyed Juncoes,  Black-capped Chickadees and a Downy Woodpecker.

Eastern Bluebird- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 2:10PM

American Robin- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 2:20PM

American Robin- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 2:20PM

Black-capped Chickadee- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 2:40PM
Song Sparrow - Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 3:10PM

Red-winged Blackbird- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March, 28, 2020, 5:00PM

I went along the pond and found lots of these plants (see below). I also went up the trail a and found some Redshank!

Redshank- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 2:50PM

Redshank- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 2:50PM

Redshank- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 2:50PM

Plants sp- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 2:50PM

Plants sp- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 2:50PM


I saw two gulls soaring but they could not be identified with the pictures I got.



Gulls sp- Guelph Eramosa, Wellington, Ontario- March 28, 2020, 3:00PM


So after a long day outside I came in to eat my dinner and then read a book before bed...    but just before I went to bed I opened the door and heard a Woodcock! What a great day it had been! 








1 comment: